Saturday, March 10, 2007

Wake Up!

Sunday morning in the aid station is as low key as we can get in Iraq. We all get up and clean out the dust from our eyes, ears and other orifices and do whatever it takes to find peace for at least one day. For me it was going to the chapel set up adjacent to the aid station. On this day though, I was just so spent from the week of ops on IED runs that i just lay back down in my plywood buck and dozed back off into laa laa land.

K thwummp, K thwummp, K thwummp! was the next thing I heard as i rolled out of the bunk to the floor grabbing my k-pot and vest as I moved. Putting them on as quickly As I could two more impacts were heard just outside the brick Hajji walls of the building we had set the aid station up in. I felt better being in here, but depending on what was coming in and from what direction I may not be in as good of shape as I though I was.

There was a bit of dust floating in the air as I heard the 312 cricket chirp. I figured it was a BN call for medics so I crawled over to the phone and answered. I could here so activity outside, but nothing that would lead one to think there was any major damage of injuries. The voice on the other end of the line was the BN, but they were checking in on us since the rounds had landed so close to us.

All was well this time, but now was time to move because it did seem a bit strange that the aid station, and BN staff living area was the area of impact. the eyes of Hajji were obviously upon us!

1 Comments:

Blogger urbanadder22 said...

So, what happened to you, Land Warrior? Are you still with us? Please let us know. We value your opinions and brusqueness.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home