Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Times like these

there are times I long for the war. I talked to my PA from Iraq and she is now working for a contractor in Afganistan and loves it. The living is hard, but noting like we had during OIf 1. I remember a Colonel that was my commander years ago that had this little sparkle in his eye when I told him I was deploying to iraq and his statement that he wishes he could go and how he missed it. I though it odd coming from a viet vet, but when I saw him after coming home I told him I knew what he meant. The warrior in you desires the conflict and it creates the struggle inside of you every day. It is a terrible satisfaction. Hard to explain, but it is there and it is real.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not the war. Its the adventure. I experiance the same feelings working as a relief worked for many years on the horn of Africa.

Its the life. Your heart pumps faster every second. You are forced to size people up, scrutinize, and, certainly get along with them. You could be killed any minute but not "just this minute".

You live more life in a day, than most do in a year.

Its not war that you love Its not getting life from sitting on your ass in front of the TV.

cheers

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home