Friday, October 07, 2005

A normal response to an abnormal situation

I just had such an intense experience on LL's blog. We have been debating the proper use of combat forces and for some reason I find myself getting so angry at having to defend many of the leaders that I cursed when I was there. The clarity of my minds eye now allows me to analyze the situation so much more clearly. I feel like a child that has come of age and realize that my parents were right.

LL, know that I am not in anyway angry at you. Your posting stirred up many emotions that I guess were suppressed. I can see the flag you mentions, waving in the wind, and I too feel sadness for the loss of such great patriots. But I also know that this country has always sent it's sons to bleed for liberty and as the majority would say, they were willing to give their life so that others may live free. In the song, God Bless the USA, Lee greenwood sings that "the flag still stands for freedom" and by God it does. All over the world, regardless of the political pissing contests that some want to start, the average Joe on the street will still say that the USA means freedom to them in some way and that the flag is the forward projection of that ideal. I was so proud when I put on my right should flag for the deployment and even more proud that the US Army has decided to make it a part of every soldiers uniform now. I love that flag. I have bled for that flag and will do it again if I can. But more that that I love what it stands for. LIBERTY!

1 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

Oooo, spam!

I replied to your comment on my site. You have to understand, there are many people in my life who have served or are currently serving and I just want to be absolutely certain that they are getting the best from our politicians. I love my country so much and I hate to see liberals and elected Democrats say stuff that gives me the feeling that they don't give a rat's ass about those who wear the uniform. I know how you feel about the flag too-the first tattoo I got is of the flag. I'm American through and through and I truly believe in the ideals that the red, white, and blue represent.

Oh, and I know you're not angry with me. It's all just discussion and expanding our views. I never take offense to that.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home